Monday, February 25, 2013

First evening at the lab

Yes, I'm officially a binge blogger. I had some catching up to do.

Last night, after supper, room assignments & unpacking, Zen and I headed over to the 0PAL lab behind the weather station. He works on the E-AERI (it's an interferometer) which is neighbours with the CRL lidar that I work on, so we're lab buddies.


Some things were good finds:
1. The hatch opened. Using the motor. Like it's s'posed to. The heaters were already on.
2. The lab looked happy and clean and things in good shape.
3. It was acceptably toasty in most parts of the building.

On the other hand, I also had it in mind to check whether I had sufficient distilled water remaining to fill the laser's cooling system. I found this:

Yep, sure is. Exactly what it looks like. Frozen solid to the floor.... while the ceiling of the lab was 20 degrees C.

It's good to be back in the lab!

No comments:

Post a Comment