Friday, February 20, 2009

My fingers hurt, and then turned numb

... but not from frostbite. It's really dry up here, and really cold so I've been wearing wool sweaters and fleece blankets, which makes for perfect conditions for static electricity, and terrible conditions for my fingers which have been averaging about one zap every 5 minutes today. Sometimes they're only little zaps that you hear but don't really feel when opening a door, but they go all the way up to the two that made me yelp today - one a while ago shot blue sparks and the right half of my right index finger is still numb! I'm just trying to remember to ground myself on something metal before touching my computer so that I don't fry it...

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any safety pins? Someone suggested putting a pin in the (inside) seam of your pants and sweaters would reduce the static. It'd be worth the experiment I think.