Sunday, March 17, 2013

I lost my watch and found a rock




A few days ago, I realized that I couldn't find my watch. I didn't look very hard for it, figuring it would turn up in a pocket somewhere. Yes, I checked the pockets of my jeans. That was easy. Checking the pockets of my parka? That's an adventure unto itself. I mustered up the courage to start the hunt yesterday evening. First off, there are about 50 pockets. Some pockets are layered on or in other pockets. Some are completely hidden. I've lost things for weeks in there before.

Results:

  • 3 pens
  • kleenex
  • Snickers bar
  • 7 batteries
  • 2 USB sticks
  • 3 screws
  • dental floss
  • a pencil sharpener
  • a big rock
  • hair elastics
  • two mittens (in different pockets)
  • my watch

Success! And now, apparently, I don't need to keep carrying around the giant rock everywhere I go.

While we're on the subject of pockets: I enjoy that when I'm wearing my Parka, I effectively have a pocket calculator with 8Gb of RAM. It shares a pocket with my lab book.

1 comment:

  1. What kind of rock was it? A special one? And are you sure that's all you found in those pockets?

    ReplyDelete